Forthcoming new film on Our Lady



Ignatius Press are releasing a film about Our Blessed Lady called "Mary of Nazareth." The above video is the official trailer. Fr Donald Calloway (an excellent chap) says:
The most stunning portrayal of the Virgin Mary on film. It will make you want to love her more than ever. An absolute masterpiece! Yes, my friends, I can assure you that we finally have a movie that gets Mary totally right! Trust me, I am super hard to please when it comes to any portrayal of Mary in film, but this one nailed it entirely!
I suppose I would also be hard to please. One or two small things in the trailer started me reaching for Fr Stefano Mannelli's superb biblical mariology "All generations shall call me Blessed" (try this google search for various sellers.) Rather than nitpick, though, I want to be positive because it is always good to have new Catholic films: Lord knows we have enough anti-Catholic bias to complain about. I very much look forward to the release of the film on DVD.

(BTW there is a website for the film but to save you valuable clicking time, it is just a splash page to say that the website will be launching soon.)

Popular posts from this blog

1962 Missal pdf online

Beachy Head and Lewes

SPUC Clergy information day

Święcone - blessing of Easter food

When people walk away with Holy Communion